Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Random Rant vol. 31: Do ATL rappers like jail?


It seems like if you are an artist (rappers more than R&B artists) in Atlanta you are destined to get locked up...to end the 2010 year T.I. goes back to jail for violating probation when he got caught with extasy pills in his pocket while driving his Bentley (why is he driving is my first question, if I had the cash money he has I wouldn't drive anywhere I'll have a driver on-call 24 hrs a day)...he was already locked up most of the year anyway and he got relocked up...

then Gucci Mane was locked up in 2010 and was bout to get locked up AGAIN before the end of 2010 for nearly takin' the charge for Waka Flocka's gun and weed in Waka's house...I guess Waka felt guilty and didn't wanna run from the 'fuzz' cuz he turned himself in at the beginning of 2011 for the charges..I just read instead of going to jail Gucci is in a mental institute or something like that...

then the R&B artists from yesteryear and the present are also getting locked up...i don't think Lyfe Jennings is from Atlanta (but he was livin' there or rather his baby moms lives in the A), he gets locked up for outrunning the police in car chase after he kicked the door in to get at his baby moms while brandishing a gun...this might be his third strike but i'm not sure...one thing i'm sure of is we won't hear anymore original songs from Mr. Jennings in the near future, life imitates art cuz he definitely is a Statistic (you see what I did there)...

then to round out the Atlanta correctional facility all-stars is T.I.'s wife Tiny formerly from the group, Xscape (from Atlanta)...she nearly got some time for having weed on her when Tip Harris (T.I. for those not in the know) got pulled over when driving his Bentley (refer to the top of the post for T.I.'s problem)...these mishaps are just in the last 3 months, its recent history!!!

All I know is the ATL music scene is about to be done because it seems all the music artists in the A are getting locked up constantly...damn, where's the Dungeon Family when you need em to spit some knowledge to the new generation (Big Boi's solo album is dope btw)...who's gonna be next in Brick Squad to get fed time? (brrr, hey, boww boww and all the other retarded adlibs) ...sad

holla,
(4o)ur

No comments: