Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Spreadin the Real: Jay-Z freestyle 9/11/01

I remember when Jay-Z dropped the modern day classic "Blueprint" (I was a junior at Clemson Univ. when it came out. I remember downloading the album early and listening to it all the way through after a vodka induced night of partying. Dope ish) the same day as the tragic event of 9/11...he had a show during that time period and dropped this incredible freestyle at a concert (I remember hearing this on a Clue? mixtape, I was amazed)...peep the lyrical skill, cotdamn Jay is ridiculous...

here are the lyrics then the audio
Bootleggers, bombers, Bin Laden
I'm still crackin'
I will not lose, I simply refuse
I drop the same date as the twin towers
I show power
Still I show compassion for others
Sent money and flowers
Devote hours
I live in the struggle
I'm addicted to the hustle
I'm conflicted because, du'(de)
America, this land of mine
Is filled with prisoners
With the same plans as mine
So I'm a walking contradiction
On one hand I love my position
But easily I could have been in that prison
And no, I am not a Christian
Though I believe in God
But I don't believe in the devil
My beliefs are odd
If we the people was given freewill from God
How could He give the people freewill
Without giving you E-vil?
We will..hold it together
Believe in the Roc
Long after you leave the spot
Long after my breathing stops
My spirit remains vibrant
I will lead the flock
And that's the tip of the iceberg
You might hear Christ's words in my scriptures
But I only write it for my Niggas..




holla,
(4o)ur

No comments: