Monday, February 07, 2011

Random Rant vol. 33: LeBron was Cleveland's economy


At the time I'm writing this rant on Monday, February 7, 2011 the Cleveland Cavs have set an NBA record for consecutive losses in a season at 24...before July 2010 the only, I'm mean the ONLY thing the city of Cleveland had goin for them was LeBron James and the Cavs...the economy stinks, the jobs in the area are either gone or left for another city, all of the sports teams suck (Indians worst in the division and since the Browns returned they haven't had a decent steady QB and only 1 playoff appearance since '99)

when the Cavs drafted LeBron the city had hope...during his tenure in Cleveland he recorded 2 back to back 60 win seasons, took em to a Finals (got swept though) and made the team watchable and competitive...then doomsday happened when he decided to "take his talents to South Beach"...I totally understand why the fans were crying, sobbing, mad at him while burning his jersey...its because they knew he was the only shining light in the entire city...Joakim Noah was prolly telling the truth when he said there's nothing to do in Cleveland, I just stay in my hotel room (i'm paraphrasing)...LeBron was the factor that was keeping businesses and restaurants afloat...people came out to 'Witness' LeBron and when they were out they spent money therefore progressing the economy in the city

Dan Gilbert (owner of the Cavs) knew his team was going to be bad (prolly didn't know they were going to be this HOOORRIBBLE [in my worst Charles Barkley impression]) after Bron Bron left...that was the reason he wrote that scathing email about LeBron and stupidly said the Cavs will win a championship before LeBron does...I feel bad for Cavs fans and Cleveland inhabitants because its seems they have no glimmer of hope...reminds me of this video

so my words to Cleveland are keep hope alive and pray that you get lucky enough to draft another super talent in the draft in the next 5 years...cuz the way its looking this losing streak may get extended to 30 games...DAMN!

p.s. - I hope Cleveland doesn't end up like these pics of Detroit (and these are abondoned churches! There isn't even hope in God's house in D-Town)...


holla,
(4o)ur

1 comment:

TOPolk said...

There's stuff to do in Cleveland, but you better love drinking. I hated the place (minus the Rock and Roll HoF) the entire month I was there, but damn if I wasn't in a constant state of drunkenness. If you're ever there, peep the Winking Lizard chain. Great sports bars...too bad there's no great sports.