Monday, February 16, 2009

Innovations: Throwback toy-Super Soaker 50

Its amazin that the first Super Soaker came out 20 years ago in '89 (this is showing my age)...I remember when my big cousin Late (aka Slab Judah for those in the know) had this exact one...i jumped on board the Super Soaker phenomenon when the 100 and 150 came out (I even bought the big joint that looked like a bazooka that weighed damn near 20 pounds filled with water. I paid 40 dollars for a "F'n" watergun, Wow!)




the 40 dollar gun, the CPS 2000

...those water gun fights were good times (saying 'good times' in the voice of the character Alec Baldwin played in "Along came Polly")...Hasbro is bringing it back for us young kids at heart as a 20th anniversary edition...

Also since we're in February, Black history month, i'll drop some history on yall....the Super Soaker was invented by a black rocket scientist named Lonnie Johnson...the Super Soaker has sold a billion dollars worth of Super Soakers since it hit the market, a billion with a B...check the video....





holla,
(4o)ur

1 comment:

TOPolk said...

Wow. I definitely learned something new here.